
Today I feel like I did in the summer when I was about 8 years old...I was having a lonely summer...all my friends were out of town and all my sisters were very busy...my mom was feeling very sorry for me and bought me an early birthday present... a two wheeler bicycle that when I stood next to it the bike handles were taller than I was...I loved everything with wheels and was the happiest kid on the block (of course --being in the middle of Purdue Campus -- I was the only kid on the block.)
(...Nice body and I had a hard time filling a bra top even back then...)
The second I got it I took it up to the highest hill in Wast Lafayette (being West Lafayette, it couldn't be very high) We called it the roller coaster-- because it had 3 big bumps in it that when you would speed up the car a bit before each bump -- your stomach went into your throat...it used to be next to the Purdue football stadium...but they tore it down when they renovated the stadium a few years back....
I remember straddling the bike at the top of the hill and thinking..this is my moment...this is my time (didn't Obama say that) I must have thought that I was the first girlie extreme sports person...I went full speed down that hill -- speeding up at each bump -- I lost all control and ended up being thrown off the bike into the grassy area at the bottom of the hill..I survived, and got right back on the bike, but never tried that again.
Today I feel totally out of control, not sure where I am going to land...but excited about the possibilities in front of me. I am giving myself up to the universe to point me to a safe harbor. Banff is nice , but I still love Durango/Silverton, Bear Paw Lake and Glacier National Park better. We wish we would have stayed in Canmore instead of Banff -- less touristy, more artsy.
(...Nice body and I had a hard time filling a bra top even back then...)
The second I got it I took it up to the highest hill in Wast Lafayette (being West Lafayette, it couldn't be very high) We called it the roller coaster-- because it had 3 big bumps in it that when you would speed up the car a bit before each bump -- your stomach went into your throat...it used to be next to the Purdue football stadium...but they tore it down when they renovated the stadium a few years back....
I remember straddling the bike at the top of the hill and thinking..this is my moment...this is my time (didn't Obama say that) I must have thought that I was the first girlie extreme sports person...I went full speed down that hill -- speeding up at each bump -- I lost all control and ended up being thrown off the bike into the grassy area at the bottom of the hill..I survived, and got right back on the bike, but never tried that again.
Today I feel totally out of control, not sure where I am going to land...but excited about the possibilities in front of me. I am giving myself up to the universe to point me to a safe harbor. Banff is nice , but I still love Durango/Silverton, Bear Paw Lake and Glacier National Park better. We wish we would have stayed in Canmore instead of Banff -- less touristy, more artsy.
Canmore, Alberta --Pigs Flying
In Canmore they post for Lost Long Boards not Lost Kittens
No comments:
Post a Comment