Thursday, July 10, 2008


Dawn found me finding a trail that brought me to the train tracks with the 3 Sisters Mountains in the distance...2 min. later a train rolled on by, whistling at me as it passed...than I happened upon a family of Deer not more than 15 feet from me -- The Doe and 2 Bambies, a young buck with fuzzy antlers sprouting like a handful of pussy willows and papa deer with his full rack crowning him...they all looked up and nodded, like saying good morning and went right back to eating the wild flowers... my quiet footprints startled a flock of birds who rose off the ground and took a steep flight and just cleared my head as they rose...just like a squadron of single engine airplanes trying to clear a mountain that suddenly appeared out of the mist ....than I followed the stream..until I ran into an elderly white haired Japanese man doing his morning Ti Chi exercises..I watched this little ballet ode to the sun...why don't I carry my camera??? Hope these memories don't fade with time....

1 comment:

TKE said...

The lovely walk along the tracks, what you saw, what you felt. It will all stay with you for a long time. A camera will preserve only the image, your mind will preserve the feelings.

You are lucky!

TKE