Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Breakfast with Tiffany"

On my way to my son's apartment yesterday morning ... this little dog "Tiffany" ran up to me ... I didn't see who she belonged to until "Lavania" said "Oh my god, I saw you walking up the sidewalk & thought you were Audrey Hepburn ... I got both of them to flash their best "OK sign" ... This is pretty serendipitous since I have been working on coming up with a list of the 8 people (7 women & one man) who I never met (living, dead or imaginary) who I would want to sit in my 8 chairs to discuss life, love & longing & Audrey Hepburn is currently one of my 8 !

Here is my current list ... Still building adding, deleting:

Doris Lessing (storyteller extraordinaire) http://www.dorislessing.org/biography.html

Isadora Duncan (free spirit)

Karen Blixen, also known by her pen name, Isak Dinesen who wrote Out of Africa ...

Audrey Hepburn (simple elegance)

Pam Grier (for her moxie & great laugh)

Angelia Davis (rebel with a cause)

Alice in Wonderland (wonder & wanderlust)

David Brooks, Sargent Shriver, Don Quixote ???

Being OK and Bohemian in Chicago!!

Send us your ideas & people who should be featured at: bokandbic@gmail.com

No comments: