Sunday, June 22, 2008

Albuquerque, Sister Zan & Walter



We woke up in Vega, Texas to a thunderstorm, thought that our days travel would be rained on ,,,
but the clouds cleared the thunderbolts stopped and we took off for the deserts of New Mexico. I started drinking loads of water, so I would be prepared for the altitude change and we had to make many pit stops on out 4 hour trip to Albuquerque. On one of those stops, there was a Dairy Queen and we decided to get a Dilly Bar (a childhood favorite), but to my dismay -- they have taken away the dilly from the dilly bar. I will be posting an essay latter about this lost curly cue of our culture. We were excited to get to Albuquerque-- we were going to be picking up our sister Zan at the airport before meeting up with our dear dear friend Walter. I believe in serendipity...so it was not a surprise that as we pulled into the airport we received a cell call from Zan that she had just landed -- we could not have planned this better -- how can it be that we would reach the airport at exact time -- one coming from a Frontier airline flight and us driving all the way from Indiana. It was than onto Walter's little bit of heaven in the mountions above Albuquerque -- great food, grat conversation and great friendship.

No comments: